Mobile Home Insurance in Havelock, New Bern and Morehead, NC
If you own a mobile home or are considering purchasing one, you need an adequate insurance policy to serve as financial protection against the unexpected.
How Does Mobile Home Insurance Work?
Mobile home insurance, or manufactured home insurance, is similar to homeowners insurance. Its purpose is to cover damage to your mobile home and personal belongings and liability claims. Your policy may have some unique elements based on where your mobile home is located, so make sure to discuss coverages with your agent.
What Does Mobile Home Insurance Cover?
The following are typical coverages in a mobile home insurance policy:
- Dwelling coverage may cover the cost to rebuild or repair the structure of your mobile home, as well as any attached structures, such as a deck or awning.
- Other structures coverage may cover additional structures on your property, such as a shed or fence.
- Personal property coverage may help cover your personal belongings, such as electronics, clothing and furniture.
- Personal liability coverage may provide coverage if you’re legally responsible for third-party bodily injuries or damage to another person’s property.
- Loss of use coverage may pay for hotel costs and other living expenses if you’re temporarily unable to stay in your mobile home due to a covered event.
Is Mobile Home Insurance Required?
Mobile home insurance is not mandated by law, but if a lender is involved, they may require proof of insurance. But even if you purchase your mobile home outright or pay off your loan, mobile home insurance can help protect your home and assets financially.
How to Get Mobile Home Insurance
Amato Insurance Group is ready to assist you in evaluating your mobile home insurance coverage options. Contact us today to request a quote.