Condominium Insurance in Havelock, North Carolina
Owning a condo comes with many of the same risks as homeownership. Fortunately for condo owners, condo insurance can help protect against financial losses that could otherwise cause hardship. Contact Amato Insurance Group in Havelock, North Carolina, to learn more about condo insurance.
What Is Condo Insurance?
Condo insurance, also known as an HO-6, can provide essential financial protection if your property is damaged or destroyed or you face a personal liability lawsuit. It’s a binding contract between you and your insurance company in which they agree to help pay for covered losses per your policy terms as long as you continue to make premium payments.
What Does Condo Insurance Cover?
A standard condo insurance policy may include the following coverages:
- Personal property coverage may help reimburse you for belongings damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Building property coverage may help pay for interior condo damage (e.g., fixtures and walls) caused by covered losses.
- Personal liability coverage may help cover expenses (e.g., medical bills and legal fees) if a third party (e.g., guest or neighbor) is injured at your property.
- Guest medical coverage may help pay for medical bills if a third party is injured at your condo.
- Loss of use coverage may help cover your extra living expenses (e.g., travel and lodging) if your condo becomes temporarily uninhabitable due to a covered peril.
Is Condo Insurance Required?
Condo insurance isn’t typically required by law; however, your condo or homeowners association may mandate certain limits and coverages. Your lender may also require condo insurance if you have a mortgage on your condo. Condo insurance is recommended for all condo owners, even when it’s not strictly required. Contact Amato Insurance Group to learn more about our condo insurance policies.
How to Get Condo Insurance
Amato Insurance Group can assist you in learning more about HO-6 policy options. For more information, contact us today to request a quote.